Semonkong, meaning ‘Place of Smoke’, offers some of the most spectacular scenery in Lesotho. Semonkong was established in the 1880s as a refuge for Basotho displaced by the Gun War. The biggest draw for tourists to this area is its location close to several major natural features, including the Maletsunyane Falls and the 3096 metre peak of Thaba Putsoa.
- Maletsunyane Falls and Thaba Putsoa
- World’s longest commercial abseil – into the famous haze of smoke created by the waterfall.
- Pony treks or Hiking Trails
- 4X4 Trips
- Bird watching – Bearded Vultures to a colony of Bald Ibis
- Beautiful flora – Aloe Polyphylla & fields of Redhot Pokers